PROJECT LANDING HORSES
Due to the steady increase in cases of horses needing a new home, and the Foundation’s limited ability to accommodate more horses, we have launched a new way to find new spaces for these equines.
Our experience of years, receiving calls and requests from owners and institutions that can not take care of their animals, who have to relocate them after confiscation, or people looking for a space for retirement and better living condition for his horse, leads us to structure this proposal.
With the Landing Horses Project we want to connect donors, with people who have space to accommodate horses, whether for free, paid, permanent or temporary.
For us, respect for the basic needs of horses is paramount, since without these requirements, we cannot ensure their real well-being.
That is why we see in this proposal, an opportunity to walk towards a new paradigm of well-being, positive in a transversal sense.
Working so that it is not just a privilege for some horses like those of the Foundation, but a new normal.
Securing the benefits for the horse you are looking for, not just a new opportunity but a new home that will improve your life.
WHAT WE DO?
Create a database that we update, with owners and managers of land of various characteristics (dimensions, type of pasture, locations…), and another database of people looking for a new living space for your partner or who they know of some case of abuse they want to help solve.
We look for and choose the most suitable combinations between horses, people and farms, for the welfare of all parties.
These farms that host, must be akin to our values. We want to support the creation of new spaces, where you understand what a horse really is, and its nature.
THE MIRANDA FOUNDATION IS CREATING THESE DATABASES, WITH THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE:
- After receiving a request / offer, from horse / farm, we send a specific form in each case, designed with our expertise, which those interested must complete and forward.
- Receiving this specific and cutting information allows us to establish the most timely and positive connections for all parties, and make a good accompaniment until a fit occurs, and ensures a good transition and adaptation of the equid (s) in its new space.
- The Miranda Miranda, establishes requirements to consider the receiving space as suitable, and also assesses the characteristics of the horse (age, condition and living conditions so far ....) and therefore, is based on the code of ethics and the well-being paradigm of the Foundation, taking into account the three axes: horses, people, nature. All three areas need to be in tune for the process to be happy!
- According to these welfare criteria, a horse will never be assigned to live alone. The minimum will be two horses per space (if the receiver already has one horse, it is also perfect for another to arrive).
- This project also includes advice before and during the process, and also gives the option of having longer-term advice, if appropriate or requested by the person receiving the horse.
The Foundation will receive a donation for the management, and to be able to continue rescuing and linking horses and develop the founding purpose that connects horses, people and nature (preserving the environment and doing social work with the presence of these beings).
We want to continue sharing this Miranda Mirada, to expand our project in a sustainable, educational and value-generating way.
Landing horses, Landing horses, consists of creating links, creating a network connecting horses, territories and people.
Horses that preserve the environment and society!
PARTICIPATE IN THE HORSES LANDING PROJECT