Transhumance Spring 2020
Horari i Lloc
Informació de l'activitat
From the sea to the Pyrenees
Accompaniment of the horses of the Miranda Foundation back to the summer pastures, with the professional guidance of Cavalls Guiabosc Baridà. We will go from Parc del Garraf to Alt Berguedà, crossing the mountain of Montserrat. A total of 223 km divided into 8 stages.
Participants support us in the purpose of accompanying the horses, and they do so as volunteers, taking care of their accommodation, subsistence and equestrian insurance costs (in case they choose the mounted option). We calculate an expense of about € 45 per day.
Requirements to participate
- Have completed the two training days of the School of Transhumance of the Foundation.
- Be a member of the Foundation or become a member for a minimum of 15 months (to be paid in a single payment before the transhumance or in monthly installments).
- Option Mounted or on foot. For the mounted option, it is necessary to be able to go to all three airs (step, trot and gallop).
It is done in three sections:
- 1st section: May 17, 18 and 19. From Garraf to Montserrat.
- 2nd section: 25 and 26 May. From Montserrat to Avignon.
- 3rd section: 31 May and 1 and 2 June. From Avignon to Pla de l'Orri (summer headquarters of the Foundation).
The 7 consecutive stages are done.
From 6 to 13 June (arrival and Feast of Transhumance). From Olivella (Garraf) to Pla de l'Orri (summer headquarters of the Foundation).
- You can sign up for the entire transhumance or one of the parts.
- Maximum 5 riders and 15 walkers (participants on foot can do some stretches in the two assistance cars and provide support with refreshments).
THIS IS A SOLIDARITY ACTIVITY WITH WHICH YOU ARE SUPPORTING THE FOUNDATION.
All our activities are subject to the welfare of the horses. There may be changes.
THANK YOU SO MUCH.